What would we be if we didn’t have a refrigerator? We open and close it continuously without paying much attention to it and instead prefer to ignore it in our daily activities, despite the fact that it is essential for the correct preservation of our products. This carelessness can turn him into a bacterial breeding ground! To avoid this, we recommend learning how to build a perfect fridge.
Why is Cleaning The Fridge Important?
Your refrigerator is an enclosed, sealed room where you store food and can occasionally leave food laying around or even forget about it. All of this generates an atmosphere conducive to the growth of germs, bacteria, and mold. Unserviced refrigerators might induce indigestion or food poisoning.
The Opportunity to Check its Proper Functioning
Cleaning your refrigerator can also lead to sorting out what’s inside and examining its overall condition:
- At the same time as you wipe the door seal, ensure sure it is not damaged and has no fractures or holes, etc.
- You can ensure that the door closes properly. If not, you may need to use the adjustable feet to level your fridge.
- You can also use this opportunity to double-check that it is accurately set. The refrigerator is creating too much cold if there are traces of ice in it.
- It is also an excellent opportunity to correctly store your refrigerator for improved air and cold circulation and hence better conservation.
- Use this storage process to get rid of expired products, damaged fruits and vegetables, and packaging. Remember that these are handled in warehouses, stores, and so on and that by throwing them away, you prevent the spread of certain bacteria in your refrigerator.
Before going shopping, the refrigerator should ideally be cleaned every 15 days. The opportunity to assess what is in your refrigerator and what should be discarded. After cleaning, store your purchases, remembering to remove the wrapping as described above. If you can’t find the time to clean every two weeks, at least clean once a month.
Cleaning Products for The Fridge
To clean the inside of your fridge, utilize natural and environmentally friendly household items. Remove bleach, which is hazardous to one’s health and the environment. Also, its pungent odor may infiltrate your food. Similarly, avoid using wipes that have been previously drenched in chemicals. Instead, here are several natural and equally effective alternatives.
Because it combines antibacterial and cleansing characteristics, white vinegar is quite effective. To clean your fridge, fill it with lukewarm water and soak a clean cloth in it to clean the various surfaces.
If you are concerned about the scent of white vinegar, you can substitute lemon, which has the same characteristics. It is sufficient to proceed in the same manner as with vinegar.
Its absorbing characteristics can help you properly eradicate any scents that may have remained in your refrigerator. Cleaning should be done as follows:
- Dissolve With 40 cl of lukewarm water, dissolve 3 teaspoons baking soda.
- With a clean cloth soaked in this mixture, clean the walls and shelves.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
This essential oil is well-known for its antimicrobial properties. Pour a few drops immediately onto a moist sponge and rub to clean your fridge.
Water and Soap
Finally, a natural option is to clean the refrigerator with soapy water.
How to Clean Your Refrigerator?
After you’ve decided on a cleaning product, it’s time to clean your fridge.
- Remove everything from the interior and place the food in a cooler to maintain the cold chain.
- Separately clean glass plates, racks, pans, and so forth.
- As they are drying, clean the rest of the fridge, beginning at the top and working your way down. Avoid using a scraper to avoid harming the surface.
- If your refrigerator does not have an automatic defrost system, defrost it now. This is significant since frost consumes more power and damages your device faster.
- After that, clean the gaskets. Scrub well with a cloth or a toothbrush. The more often you clean them, the easier and faster this procedure will be.
Clean The Outside of The Fridge
If cleaning the inside of your fridge is the most crucial item for sanitary reasons, the outside also deserves regular attention. It’s not uncommon to touch it when you don’t always have extremely clean hands if you think about it. Furthermore, the kitchen is a dirty place where a greasy film might form. If you wait too long, dust will adhere to it, making cleaning even more difficult. As a result, you should clean the outside of your fridge once or twice a week.
Make Cleaning The Fridge Easier
Here are some helpful hints for maintaining your refrigerator:
- Cleaning should be done on a regular basis. Yes, cleaning your fridge every 15 days will make it easier and faster to maintain. If you wait too long between cleanings, stains will form and become more difficult to remove. They are responsible for making cleaning tough. Nothing could be easier to avoid than cleaning the fridge on a regular basis!
- Clean your refrigerator thoroughly. Remove the packaging from your groceries and store them quickly to avoid getting bacteria into the refrigerator.
- Make use of storage containers. They must be of sufficient size to avoid taking up too much space. They will keep microorganisms at bay because they are hermetic.
- To keep dirt from clinging to the bottom of your veggie drawer, place a plastic placemat there. All you have to do is carefully remove it to remove the dirt, clean it, and replace it.