When it comes to creating gorgeous, defined curls, the first thing that comes to mind is flat irons, blow dryers, or curlers. However, there are an increasing number of alternatives and treatments available today that allow you to curl your hair without using heat. The heat effect, as you may know, is not a good method to utilise every day because it ruins and burns it.
Do you want to learn more? In the next post, we’ll show you how to curl your hair naturally without using heat to create the desired curly effect while keeping your hair healthy and alive.
Small or Large Braids
Do you want to learn how to curl your hair at home? Curling your hair with braids is a basic tip for achieving beautiful waves. Because the number of braids you make determines the number of curls you obtain, if you want to wear your hair with waves, you must braid enough throughout your hair, and if you only want to curl the front section, you must braid only that zone. The methods in this procedure are simple and clear:
- Make the braids in the desired location with wet hair. To get a lot more volume, you can create them in different sizes.
- Then put them on for the night and take them off when you wake up. Keep in mind that the rubber must be tightened thoroughly so that they do not loosen over time.
Twists with Tweezers
Curling your hair with bobby pins or clamps is a great technique to avoid using heat devices and obtain defined waves quickly if you don’t have much time to braid. To generate natural curls and movement, make little twists or twist the hair with separate strands. Do you want to learn more about this technique? Take note of the following steps:
- Make little twists strand by strand with medium damp hair and fix with a clip or bobby pins to keep them in place.
- Allow for a few hours of drying time once you’ve twisted all of the strands you wish to curl. You can do it at night if you want to have a better effect. You must ensure that they are not freed at night, as we mentioned in the previous section.
Rollers or Curlers
If you’re wondering how to curl your hair using an iron, rest assured that it’s not a good idea. As a result, we provide you with various natural options. You can use curlers or curlers, a traditional method for achieving curls without using heat on your hair. Furthermore, this approach is ideal for learning how to curl hair without using an iron. The tip: the more moisture in your hair, the easier it will be to apply this classic and the longer the curl will persist, albeit drying time will be significantly longer. Do you want to give it a shot? Follow the steps below:
- Begin by separating the hair into strands in the front. Remember that each strand will be a curl, therefore the number of strands you use will depend on how big you want the waves to be or how many curls you want in the end. The more strands you have, the more curl and volume you’ll get.
- Comb the strand thoroughly before wrapping it with the roller, starting from the end and working backwards or forwards.
- Finally, use a clamp or the curler itself to secure it.
- Allow a few hours for your hair to dry after you’ve rolled all of the strands.
- Remove the rollers and comb the hair with your hands to achieve the desired effect.
Do you have any idea what the Curly Girl approach entails? Discover the keys of showing off shampoo-free curly hair that’s free of silicones and hydroxides.
Hair Plopping Method
Do you want to know how to curl your hair without using an iron or using heat? The plopping technique, on the other hand, will enable you to curl your hair with a shirt. The following are the steps you must take:
- Apply a product that enhances your curls without eliminating the moisture from your hair.
- After that, place a long-sleeved shirt on a table or a chair and arrange your hair on it.
- Keep your head down to allow the curls to concentrate on the top half of your head.
- Cover the head with the shirt until the nape of the neck is reached, then tie the sleeves in the nape area.
- Allow the hair to dry for a few hours inside the garment.
Handkerchief or Scarf Trick
Scarves may be a fantastic ally when it comes to curling hair organically at home and avoiding the damaging application of heat, in addition to being a perfect complement. These few instructions will show you how to use this technique:
- Take a medium-sized scarf that’s big enough to wrap around a ponytail.
- Make a high ponytail, pull it forward, and wrap the scarf around the bottom of the elastic.
- Start looping the scarf around the ponytail until it becomes a high updo, which you must finish with a bow or high updo using the scarf’s end.
- Allow the hair to hang coiled in the kerchief all night.
Curls with Socks
Did you know that using socks instead of an iron or other heating equipment can help you curl your hair? Amazing, but real! Take note of the following if you wish to learn more about this technique:
- Split your hair into two sections.
- Then, using a hair tie, attach each section of hair into a medium-high ponytail.
- Cut the ends of two socks and twist them into the pigtails to make two side bows after the pigtails are finished.
- Then, with tweezers, gather each strand so that it is securely bonded.
- For two hours, wear the socks in your hair.
With a Topknot
The bows can provide not only a conventional and colorful updo for day-to-day wear, but also the option of curling the hair naturally. And what’s the best way to curl long hair without using heat? Take note that it’s pretty simple:
- Before retiring to bed, tie a high bun in your hair. It should, in addition to being high, be tight, meaning that the more hair gathered in the bun, the better. The ideal bun would resemble that of a ballerina.
- Make a flawless bun with your hair and fasten it with a hair tie.
- Allow it to sit all night and you will wake up with curled hair.
Do you want to learn how to curl your hair using foam at home? You should know that foam is one of the best products for achieving excellent and defined curls in a flash. It’s also a great way to learn how to curl short hair without using heat. Follow these steps to get a great result:
- For a defined curl, always apply lather to a clean scalp. Furthermore, washing your hair with a particular shampoo and conditioner for curls will make the lather easier and more effective.
- Using a towel, gently dab the hair dry. The idea is to get rid of excess moisture while preventing frizz.
- Use a wide-bristle brush to comb your hair to prevent frizz or frizz.
- Foam should be applied. Spread a tiny amount of product through your hair, ending at the ends, with your hand. The trick is to scrunch your hair with your hands every now and then to increase the effect and generate more defined curls.
With Marine Spray
Who doesn’t enjoy their hair after a beach swim? In the summer, sea water spray or salt water can be quite useful for creating surf waves, a casual and beautiful aesthetic. These sprays help to replicate the effect of our hair drying in the air when we get out of the water. Its usage is simple:
- Apply the spray to damp but not entirely wet hair to avoid weighing it down; alternatively, you can apply it dry.
- Then, using your hands, mould your hair into the desired wave.
Toilet Paper Trick
Although it may come as a surprise to you if you’re wondering how to curl your hair without heat, toilet paper can be really useful. It’s a practical and easily available thing. The procedure is straightforward:
- Wind your hair halfway through your hair around the paper, as if it were another lock of hair. You must build it as robust as possible so that it does not break apart.
- Leave it in a safe place for a few hours.
- After that, just take out the toilet paper and you’re done.
All of these tips will help you get excellent curls; keep in mind that the way that best suits you depends on the stiffness, frizz, and length of your hair.