Most cold symptoms go gone in a week or two, but there are a few things you can do to speed up your recovery and heal faster.
1. Stay Home
Because your body requires time and energy to battle the illness, it is better to stay at home and relax for a few days.
It not only aids your recuperation, but it also protects you from infecting others.
Fluid loss is caused by high temperature, sweating, vomiting, and constipation, and the body must restore it. The most ideal beverage is water, but you also have the option of tea or juices. Caffeine and alcohol should be avoided.
3. Get Sleep
The finest treatment for your body is sleep. Sleep deprivation can weaken our defenses; rest is necessary for our bodies to function properly.
5. Eat Healthy
It will help you recover from a cold.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which strengthen your immune system and help you battle the cold more effectively.
6. Add Moisture to the Air
Dry air might exacerbate your symptoms. Adding moisture to the air with a vaporizer or humidifier can help relieve nasal congestion.
- Fever, headaches, and bodily aches can all be reduced with pain medicines. Ibuprofen or paracetamol, for example.
- Decongestants are medications that assist cleanse nasal passages and alleviate sinus pressure.
- Cough suppressants are used to treat a dry or bothersome cough.
- Expectorants aid in the removal of mucus and the development of a productive cough (with mucus).
- Antihistamines contain sedative properties that can aid with sleep.
It is a supplementary therapy that has been used to treat colds and flu for many years. Fever, headache, muscle pains, nasal congestion, and cough are reduced.
It comes in the form of pills, capsules, or syrup.
A natural way to get rid of a sore throat and cough. A teaspoon of honey, mixed with an infusion, will help you stay hydrated while also alleviating flu symptoms.
10. Positive Attitude
It won’t make your nasal congestion, fever, or discomfort go away, but keeping cheerful can help you heal more quickly.