Discover how to make your own cardboard, wood, or cardboard Christmas boxes in the following article and give your gifts a unique touch.
Christmas is approaching, which means it’s time to start thinking about gifts, and there’s nothing better than giving a loved someone something unique and creative.
It’s time to wrap the ideal gift for that special someone after you’ve found it. This is what we’ll be focusing on today.
This post will teach you how to construct attractive and easy Christmas gift boxes. This manner, you will not only be providing a lovely present, but you will also be showing your affection.
Make gorgeous Christmas gift boxes with your own hands and surprise your loved ones.
Christmas Gift Box Making Ideas
Below are four wonderful ideas for decorating decorated cardboard or wooden Christmas boxes, each with relatively basic steps and readily available materials.
Choose your favorite and go to work on surprising the people you care about with a thoughtful present.
Cardboard Christmas Gift Box
This tutorial will show you how to make basic cardboard Christmas boxes. You may make a lovely box to carry a special gift inside with a few simple things and a few steps.
- Scissors and / or cutter
- Pencil and paints
- Paper or paint
- Cardboard Box Printed Pattern
The first thing you’ll need to figure out is what size box you’ll need. Measure the items you’ll be putting in it and always add one centimeter to allow for margin.
- On the cardboard, draw the pattern. To define the base, draw a square or rectangle. The other four squares that will form the walls will be divided from that figure. The lines where the pieces meet will be used to fold the cardboard. You’ll have to cut the rest.
- Cut the item out. Keep the five parts together and be very careful. Don’t make too many cuts.
- The joints between the base and the walls should be folded. You’ll see as the box starts to take shape. Fold all of the pieces with care.
- Assemble the lid. The lid can be made in the same manner as the body. On each wall, leave a small amount of excess cardboard and fold it inward.
- To fit the tucked lip in, make the base of the lid slightly larger than necessary.
- Fold the joints and use silicone to bind them together.
- Make the box seem nice. After you’ve finished the box, you can show off your ingenuity. You can paint it or use colored paper, ribbons, or silicone rubber figures to embellish it.
Decorated Christmas Box
Here’s another Christmas gift box style that’s a touch more elaborate but still simple. Surprise your friends and family by making your own Christmas gift boxes.
- Red card
- Pair of scissors
- Punching machine
- Edge scissors
- Decorated papers
- Double sided tape
- Decorative fabric ribbon
- Paper strip scissors
- Pad and ink
- Red cord
- Christmas stickers
- Cut a red card into 16×28 cm size.
- Mark the doubles of the boxes to make later assembly easier.
- Up to the intersection with the first vertical line, cut following the lines of the horizontal segment.
- Adhere the tabs you made to the card stock with glue.
- With the die cutter, cut out a semicircle at the bottom of the tab that seals our box.
- With the scissors, smooth the box’s bottom edges or corners.
- Cut rectangles of decorated paper to the size of the box’s outside walls, according to your preferences.
- Stick the papers to the box with double-sided tape.
- Use double-sided tape to adhere the ornamental fabric tape, then glue the fabric tape on top. Any extra edges should be trimmed away.
- To make confetti for the inside of the box, cut little strips of paper and crinkle them.
- Make a construction paper label with the recipient’s name on it.
- Using the red string, secure the tag.
- The label is placed on one end of the wide ribbon and a loop is created.
Christmas Music Box
This time, I’m going to show you a unique approach to gift wooden Christmas musical boxes. You will discover how they are manufactured and will be able to design it however you like, creating a truly unique present.
- Wooden box without decoration.
- Music box mechanism
- 10 millimeter wood bit
- Masking tape.
- Cylindrical sandpaper (or a fine sandpaper surrounding a pencil).
- Fine sponge sandpaper.
- 1 centimeter wide brush.
- Tempera or acrylic paint.
- Water-based varnish (optional).
- Medium / strong glue.
- Make a pencil mark where the crank will come from the mechanism.
- Glue a piece of masking tape to the interior of the box so it doesn’t splinter when the fight is over.
- Close the box and poke a hole in it.
- Sand the chips out of the hole until they’re completely gone.
- Apply the sponge sandpaper to all of the box’s surfaces.
- Apply the paint straight to the surface, and then follow up with a second coat after a few hours.
- Allow to dry before painting the motifs with various colors.
- Allow to dry before applying a water-based varnish.
- Small screws at the bottom of the box secure the mechanism. Silicone can be used to adhere it.
Christmas Cookie Box
In this final option, We’ll show you how to build miniature Christmas gift boxes that you may fill with small items, cookies, or chocolates.
- Box templates
- Brown cardboard
- Colored eva rubber
- Vinilic glue
- Pair of scissors
- Print the template you like best and trace the model onto the cardboard with a pencil. It’s best if you can print on card.
- Make a clean cut on the silhouette.
- Fold the lashes inwards. These are the points where the various sections of the box come together. The box will begin to take shape after you begin folding the tabs.
- Apply glue to the lashes with a brush. Avoid using too much glue on your lashes.
- After tightening the eyelash joints and allowing them to dry, you’ll have your Christmas cookie boxes.
Now that you know how to make boxes for Christmas, so enjoy making and cherish your eve.